The club and it's members are very active and we regularly hold social events. Each year in February we have an open weekend to display our machinery with a real focus on working demonstrations. We are also open for an afternoon in March and April as well as a day in November. We also attend community functions such as Edendale Crank Up, Mandeville Steam Weekend and Fly In, A & P Shows and Parades.
· General meetings are held on the third Monday every two months commencing in July of each year
· Working bees are held on the fourth Sunday of each month (excluding December and January)
· On 30th September the club will have its annual dinner, members will meet to have a shed tour and meet in Invercargill for a meal.
· On 11th & 12th November the club will be open, it is a chance for the public to come and see what we are all about, have a drive or a steer of a traction engine, see static and working displays, enjoy goodies cooked on the coal range and some family friendly activities
· On 9th December the Club will have its annual Christmas Party in the form of a pot luck tea at the Clubrooms to celebrate the year that has passed, commencing 5.30pm. Come earlier if you want to steam an engine.
· On Sunday 4th February 2024 is the annual road run to Mataura, more details to come
· On 10th & 11th February 2024 the club will hold an open weekend featuring working demonstrations, it is a chance for the public to enjoy a full working weekend, it is a family friendly event. There will be a harvest hour where you will see a binder, chaff cutter, wooden mill and straw press working, cow milking display along with cream separating, butter churning and food cooked on the coal range in Grandmas kitchen. The dragline will be operating, along with stationary engines, traction engines to ride on, kids activities, steam boiler, miniature steam engines, sewing, tractors including a Ferguson tractor display and static displays. Entry is only $10 for adults with under 16 free
· On 24th March 2024 the club will be open from 1pm - 4pm, come and celebrate Heritage Month with a ride on a traction engine, see a steam boiler in operation, sample food cooked on the coal range and look at static displays
· On 28th April 2024 the club will be open from 1pm - 4pm, come and ride on a traction engine, see a steam boiler in operation, sample food cooked on the coal range and look at static displays